Swarm64 open source projects
Accelerate, scale, and measure Postgres performance.
Some open source goodies for Postgres acceleration
Swarm64 develops high-performance extensions that accelerate free, open source Postgres databases. Along the way, we have developed a few open source projects that help Postgres users accelerate, scale, and measure Postgres performance.
We invite you to try out the following offerings, and we always welcome questions from users and people interested in contributing. Contact us via Github or via our feedback page.
Elastic Postgres scaling with parallel query processing
A free open source patch to the PostgreSQL foreign data wrapper interface that enhances Postgres with elastic scaling and faster query processing under concurrent user load.
- Parallel query performance across shards. If you divide your data across separate Postgres shards (via foreign data tables), the patch allows queries to execute against their respective shards in parallel for better performance and greater concurrency.
- Dynamic cluster sizing. With a bit of load balancer cleverness, shards can be added or removed from a cluster, dynamically.
TPC-DS benchmarking kit for Postgres
If you want to test Postgres query performance against other databases or on one hardware platform versus another, this kit might help. The offering includes everything you need to run industry-standard TPC-H and TPC-DS benchmarks on Postgres:
- Schema generator – scripts to create a TPC-H or TPC-DS schema in your Postgres database.
- Data generator – generate and load TPC-H or TPC-DS data sets at any scale factor you choose.
- Benchmark execution – a Python program runs the TPC-H or TPC-DS queries on your database. Config parameters allow you to control which queries you run, or set query timeout limits, and parallel workers, etc.